Pre-K/K and Grade 1 Programs
The Pre-K/K Program at Queen of the Rosary Parish serves children age 4 and those students in Kindergarten. It focuses on God’s love for us and our response to God. Key objectives* are:
- to discover God’s great love through the many good things God has placed in the world
- to foster an awareness of God’s goodness and presence in our everyday lives
- to reflect on God’s goodness in creation and the wonder of our unique selves
- to respond to God’s goodness and love through prayer, reverence, and gratitude
Students use the Christ Our Life - God Loves Us text to learn about God’s unconditional love for each one of us, and how to respond generously to that great love. Included in the Program are special events such as a Teaching Mass, prayer services, and important presentations. In addition, each child receives a personal booklet entitled A Child’s Bible.
The Grade 1 Program at Queen of the Rosary Parish overviews the mysteries of the Catholic Faith and focuses on the eternal goodness of God. Key objectives* are:
- to provide a simple overview of the key mysteries of our Faith
- to learn of the goodness of God and the love of Jesus
- to become aware of God’s presence in our lives, in others, in the world, and in His Church
- to respond to God’s goodness by loving Him and others, in friendship and prayer
Grade 1 students use the Christ Our Life – God Is Good - Salvation text to learn about God’s goodness, and how to respond to His overflowing goodness. Included in the Program are special events such as a Teaching Mass, prayer services, and important presentations.
The Pre-K/K and Grade 1 Programs include the following components:
- Parent Orientation Meeting
- Teaching Mass
- Classroom sessions
- Prayer services
Both Programs consist of 22 sessions which run from September through April of each year. Sessions are held in the school or church facilities on Saturday mornings from 9:00am to 10:30am. Each Schedule of Sessions is shown below:
If you would like more information about the Pre-K/K or Grade 1 Program, please contact Ryann Goulet, Director of Religious Education, at the Religious Education Office (847-437-3349) or send an email to RyannGoulet@qotr.org.
*adapted from text in the Catechist’s Guide, Loyola Press.